On-premise is no longer cost-effective and is challenging to scale. Many companies are finding that hybrid and multi-cloud strategies provide a lot of business benefits including cost savings, infinite scalability, and security.
MERCURY GROUP is a premier Google partner and is a huge proponent of using containers (rather than VMs) in Anthos. Containers offer significant advantages including:
What is Anthos?
Anthos is the portfolio of products that enable organizations to achieve hybrid and multi-cloud environments. With Anthos, customers can run their applications on-premise in Google cloud and also on other cloud providers including AWS and Azure.
Anthos dramatically reduces the common complexities of running workloads and apps on different clouds (multi-cloud), on-prem and in the cloud (hybrid) so you have a single source of truth, control and visibility. That makes it easier to:
- Maximize efficiency (easily place workloads where they make the most sense)
- Innovate (speed up app development to provide new services or open new lines of business)
- Scale up or down (meet seasonal or random end-user spikes in e-commerce/retail and other sectors)
- Contain costs (reduce cloud costs by moving workloads based on access, and security storage needs; repatriate when it’s cheaper to run in-house rather than cloud)
- Keep critical data secure (easily automate and standardize security policies)
What are the components of Anthos?
- Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE)
- GKE On-Prem
- Anthos Migrate
- Istio on GKE
- Anthos Config Management